Makwedeng Training offering
Makwedeng is a training provider and that is the main focal point, but Makwedeng has the knowledge and skills to provide Skills Development planning, assistance with BEE compliance and organisational career pathing through own personnel as well as partnerships with reputable organisations.
The following Qualifications are offered by Makwedeng Training and all relevant unit standards have been accredited against the name of Makwedeng Training by the respective Education Training Quality Assurance body:
- General Education and Training Certificate Transport NQF 1 SAQA ID: 59300 (can offer Generic Learnership, Warehousing operations Learnership, Courier operations Learnership, Port operations Learnership)
- National Certificate Wholesale and Retail Distribution NQF 2 SAQA ID: 49280 (can offer Warehousing operations Learnership, Distribution Centre Learnership 27Q270010391202)
- National Certificate Freight Handling NQF 3 SAQA ID: 57831 (can offer Warehousing/ Distribution Centre operations Learnership 26Q260044351283, Courier operations Learnership 26Q260045351283, Port operations Learnership 26Q260046351283, Bulk operations Learnership not registered, Stevedoring Learnership 26Q260047351283, Air Freight Handling Learnership 26Q260043351283)
- National Certificate Freight Forwarding and Customs Compliance NQF 3 SAQA ID: 59365 (can offer Freight forwarding Learnership 26Q260053371303)
- National Certificate Professional driving NQF 3 SAQA ID: 50285 (can offer Professional driver Freight Learnership 26Q260009212053 )
- National Certificate Road Transport NQF 3 SAQA ID: 48437 (can offer Transport administration Learnership 26Q260023241333)
- National Certificate: Maintenance Coordination at NQF Level 5 (MERSETA).
- National Certificate: Supply Chain Management at NQF Level 5 (TETA).
- National Diploma NQF 5 Freight Logistics Management SAQA ID: 58473 (can offer Warehousing / Distribution Centre Management Learnership, Courier operations management Learnership, Port operations management Learnership).
The above Qualifications can be offered as:
- Fully accredited Learnerships
- Fully recognised skills programs
- Short courses based on recognised unit standards
- Interactive workshops
- Recognition of Prior Learning
Makwedeng Training Methodology
Makwedeng Training provides classroom based learning based on the OBET principles utilising experienced facilitators where learners are to work in groups and take active part in all classroom exercises and group discussions. All facilitators are to prepare lesson plans which are to be submitted to Makwedeng two weeks before the commencement of the class, the reason for this is that most facilitators are contractors to Makwedeng.
All group work and individual exercises are documented and collected by the facilitator. Facilitators are to guide learners and complete formative assessments during class.
Depending on the subject matter (if workplace learning is required) learners receive a workplace training program (WPTP). This program provides learners with tasks that need to be completed within the workplace as well as a guide of evidence to be generated by the learner. The WPTP must be signed by the learner and the logging of time spent on the task must be documented on the WPTP. Learners are to submit their WPTP at the next classroom session.
Assessments are documented within an assessment plan inclusive of the Assessor guide. Learners must undergo a pre assessment meeting where they are then provided with the summative assessment documentation and aspects are discussed as part of the pre assessment meeting.
The method of assessment is dependent on the assessment criteria relevant to the unit standard.
Makwedeng Training Personnel
- All the management of Makwedeng Training are educators and have extensive background to education and training methodologies inclusive of lecturing as well as instructional training and have completed the Outcomes based Education and Training methodology training.
- The senior management of Makwedeng Training have extensive logistical and managerial background and have worked within the industry in excess of 54 years combined.
- Our facilitators and assessors work on a National basis and are all well qualified and enthusiastic educators,
- Our other employees are administrative personnel only, such as project coordinators, filing clerks and such.